Stand By Me ~ 2020
Stand By Aging Kansans
Stand By Me is KABC’s annual charity event to raise funds needed to improve elder care. Your sponsorship will make it possible for KABC to advocate with and for older adults to receive safe, compassionate care at home or in an adult care facility during the coming year, as we have for the past 45 years. It will ensure that elders and families have a knowledgeable friend as they face the trials and tribulations to find quality elder care and to solve care problems. Since 2008, Stand By Me has grown to over 100 attendees and sponsors who want to make a positive impact on the lives of elders.
In 2020, KABC recognizes that nothing is “business as usual” and older adults need us more now than ever as Coronavirus sweeps the nation. We also recognize the importance of social distancing for protecting the lives of our amazing attendees, sponsors, and the older adults for whom we advocate. For this reason, Stand By Me 2020 will be KABC’s first ever virtual event. Rather than one day of jam-packed advocacy, KABC will be hosting Virtual Stand By Me 2020 for the entire month of October so that everyone has a chance to stand by older adults.
Join us for Virtual Stand By Me 2020 and grow the power of community advocacy to improve elder care. We are excited to “see” you at Stand By Me to advocate with older adults for the compassionate care they deserve.
- KABC Serves: aging adults and their family caregivers – 12,000 served annually
- KABC Services: Are free – there is never a fee an elder needing KABC’s help
- Guidance & Support: Finding quality care. Addressing care problems. Reporting abuse.
- Education: For caregivers on best care practices. Professionals in Finance to detect financial abuse. First Responders to recognize elder abuse and prevent harm of elders.
- Public Policy Advocacy: Protecting elder rights. Promoting better care.
- KABC is a clear, strong voice for older adults and better care. Our work is funded by this special event, and private citizens. KABC does not accept funding from the long-term care industry.
- KABC is a charitable not-for-profit 501(c)(3) designated by the Internal Revenue Service. Donations are tax deductible.
Learn more about sponsoring Stand By Me: 2020 Sponsor Benefits