Stand By Me ~ 2020
October 1 - October 31
Stand By Aging Kansans
For the past 12 years, Stand By Me has been KABC’s annual charity event to raise funds needed to improve elder care. 2020 is a year unlike any other.
Typically Stand By Me is a happy congregation of many to enjoy good food and good company for a good cause. While we are not able to host Stand By Me in-person, the name is more apt this year than ever before. We are compelled to stand by elders and families impacted by the pandemic.
Our present reality calls for adaptation and resiliency. KABC is hosting Stand By Me 2020, full of virtual and interactive opportunities for you to engage in and spread the word to improve elder care.
Each week in October we will share a new way to engage in standing by older adults through sharing stories, connecting online and growing our community’s impact with KABC. We have a dedicated website just for this event. We would love to have you participate!
Join KABC this October and stand by older adults, honor their resilience, and advocate for a future of better care that we know is possible.
- KABC Serves: aging adults and their family caregivers – 12,000 served annually
- KABC Services: Are free – there is never a fee an elder needing KABC’s help
- Guidance & Support: Finding quality care. Addressing care problems. Reporting abuse.
- Education: For caregivers on best care practices. Professionals in Finance to detect financial abuse. First Responders to recognize elder abuse and prevent harm of elders.
- Public Policy Advocacy: Protecting elder rights. Promoting better care.
- KABC is a clear, strong voice for older adults and better care. Our work is funded by this special event, and private citizens. KABC does not accept funding from the long-term care industry.
- KABC is a charitable not-for-profit 501(c)(3) designated by the Internal Revenue Service. Donations are tax deductible.
Our corporate and individual sponsors are helping support our advocacy work ~ we are grateful for each and every one of them!
Learn more about sponsoring Stand By Me: 2020 Sponsor Benefits